What is Zabiha?
Zabiha are the rules of slaughtering an animal to make it Halal for consumption.
The Conditions of Zabiha:
- 1. At least THREE out of the FOUR main veins of the throat MUST be cut.
- 2. Mentioning the name of Allah at the time of each slaughter
- a. “Eat not (of meats) on which Allah's name has not been pronounced, and surely it is a sin...” (al-An’aam : 121)
- b. Any animal upon which Bismillah is not mentioned intentionally at the time of slaughter, is considered maitah (carrion, or dead meat). Maitah is just as haram as pork.
- 3. The butcher must be a Muslim or Believing Ahlul Kitab
- a. If one does not know who slaughtered the animal, further researched MUST be done before eating
Note: If ANY ONE of the above conditions is not fulfilled, the meat will be HARAM for consumption.